1. The first character I fell in love with was Alaska. LFA was the first book I read and once she came in I wanted to be her a bit. Not completely but a bit.
2. I didn’t expect to love Jane as much as I do (from WGWG). When I first met Jane I liked her but upon completing the novel I decided that I am going to cosplay as her often. I adore Jane.
3. I don’t really know of any characters that people hate or love. I sense a general acceptance of all of the characters but that might be a “I like everyone” blinder. That’s not to say I don’t have favorites.
4. As I mentioned before I don’t know the love/hate of the characters within their respected worlds so I don’t know the character I love that everyone else hates.
5. Maybe Margo as someone I used to love but don’t any more, but it’s not really that I don’t love her as in not like her. I really liked Margo at first and I still like a lot of aspects about Margo but I also really hate aspects of Margo.
6. Does it even need saying? It would probably be Augustus Waters (who I’d smooch), that is if by smooch you mean talk to for a while because he’d be a cool person to talk to (I’m not really big on the whole kissing thing and even though people can’t own people I ship Hazel and Augustus way too much to be able to kiss him guilt free).
7. I kind of answered this in the first one because “love” and “who I want to be like” are nearly synonymous because I love good people who make me want to be better and make me want to do good things. So I’d like to be like Alaska. I’d especially like to be the outgoing part of Alaska (because there are parts of Alaska that I’d rather not be). I’d also like to be a bit like Tiny (because I’m already a bit like Will Grayson and I just about grabbed a notebook to take down Tiny’s advice) and Tiny is so optimistic and he actually DOES things. But the great thing about John Green’s characters is that there isn’t a single character that I’d want to be one hundred percent. They all have their flaws mixed in with their glories.
8. The character I’d slap: I don’t slap people. Let me put this in the least spoilery way possible. In two of John Green’s books at two times I’d probably hit the ground, or the wall, or my pillow, or anything nearby out of anger, frustration, hurt, and sorrow.
9. I am fond of two parings. Will Grayson and Jane along with Hazel and Augustus.
10. I don’t hate any parings.